Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Climbing My First Two Fourteeners




Colorado has 56 mountain peaks with an elevation over 14,000 feet. When you climb these it is called a "Fourteener". I explain this because it had to be explained to me when we moved to Colorado. In September I was able to conquer my first "fourteener"! In fact I climbed two in one day. That isn't such a remarkable feat like it sounds as the two peaks were right next to each other, but it was exciting to accomplish two in one day.





With my new good friend and climbing buddy, Laurie Normandeau, and her fiance, Jim, we climbed Gray's (14,270) and Torrey's (14,267) one beautiful Sunday in September. It was pleasantly brisk on the way up and actually quite cold at the top. The wind was howling and the air was thin but it was a wonderful day standing on top of the world! Thanks to my new friends for letting me go along on this adventure.




Only 54 more to go!








1 comment:

Kam and Jodie said...

A-C-Face...you are awesome!