Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jim and Diane Hiking the Subway


Jim and I hiked the Subway in Zion National Park last month. The weather was perfect, the water was cold, and the scenery breathtaking! We started bright and early and finished in the dark, which is pretty normal for some of our hikes. The group included my sister Carla and her son, Nathan, my brother Brad and his wife Laurie and their two kids, Kala and Zack, and my daughter-in-law Jodie. Kameron was not able to go on this trip and we really missed having him along.







After a good hike and some scrambling and downclimbing we had to climb through a hole in the rock to get to the canyon floor. Once down in the canyon we downclimbed over boulders, did a little rapelling and a fair amount of swimming through some bitterly cold water. Then we were rewarded with walking through the actual "subway" portion of the hike.


















The day was an absolutely wonderful experience. It is so beautiful in the canyon and it was so much fun to be there with Jim. We can't wait till next year to explore some other wonders in Zion National Park. Thanks to everyone in our group!



1 comment:

Kam and Jodie said...

I am diggin' the blog! And I am liking the new discription of the post. Why will you not send me pics???? I really want them ...WHAAAA! I am so proud of my little Herbal Gerbal.