Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snowshoe Hike to St. Mary's Glacier

This past Sunday I was able to spend the day with my friends Laurie, Jim (Laurie's BF) , Laurie's daughter Lauren and her friend Torey. We started the day with a delicious breakfast at the Country Road Cafe in Kitteredge. We then headed over the mountain to St. Mary's Glacier Trailhead.

By the time we made it to the snowfield the wind was howling and I felt like maybe I was climbing Everest! Molly didn't seem to be too affected by the wind and ran and played and chased blowing snow. We climbed on for quite a while with the 30+ mph winds howling at our faces but for some reason we never reached the top. I think someone was playing tricks on us because the up never stopped. Finally after freezing my forehead off and practically blowing off the mountain, we decided to conquer this mountain another day. We headed down the mountain and once we were off the snowfield it became a pleasant hike again.


Despite the winds it was a great day and I can't wait to go out again and explore the mountains of Colorado. It was also fun trying out my new snowshoes that Jim gave me for Christmas! Thanks Jim, they are great!!

1 comment:

Kam and Jodie said...

BRRR, looks soo cold, yet so fun!